Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Fossil Find


I've played this in: Nothing (yet)

This is just a cool card. Reordering your graveyard almost never matters (only thing I can think of is Corpse Dance), and randomness isn't your best friend in Magic: the Gathering -- but one of the nice things about EDH is that it allows some flexibility in the quality of cards you want to play. I've played and watched a lot of Hearthstone this year, and it's really interesting to see how that game makes RNG (random number generator, A.K.A. randomness) feel exciting and fun. Coin flipping and random selection in paper Magic is a little more of a chore, but I think there's still some fun to be had in gambling with cards like Fossil Find. And the real reason this card caught my eye is for playing with Wort, the Raidmother, whose ability obviously raises the power level of the card significantly. Still, it could be good in the early game when you only have a few cards in your graveyard, and costing one mana makes it pretty reasonable in my mind.

See you tomorrow, technicians!

No comments:

Post a Comment