Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Sweet Isochron Spells: Due Respect


I've played this in: Tajic, Blade of the Legion

While I'm talking about really cool Isochron Scepter spells, I've got to pay my respects to the frustrating lockout angle, like preventing your opponents from ever playing things at sorcery speed with Silence. Due Respect is kind of in that vein, but obviously much less oppressive. It also hits the cantrip spot, so you can start drawing a card every turn, and the fusion of these two powers makes a really neat, effective spell that seems to be built for the Scepter.

Without Isochron, it really is just a cantrip to fire off on an opponent's upkeep, or to save for that turn the Maelstrom Wanderer player has been building up to the whole game. Not a very powerful effect all things considered, but sometimes the cards that speak to me the most are the more subtle ones that are just within the realm of playability.

No comments:

Post a Comment