Monday, November 16, 2015

Death Pits of Rath

I've played this in: Gallowbraid, Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis (same deck, different generals)

Death Pits of Rath is primarily a combo card used to stop anyone from attacking, used with Noxious Field, Caltrops, and a myriad of other effects. That's the only way I've used it so far, but I love the idea of just using it for sweet value in a token deck, like Nath or Endrek Sahr. Basically it just gives all creatures super-deathtouch when you have no combo pieces, and having a bunch of 1/1's obviously has its advantages with an effect like that. I can't speak for its effectiveness in that capacity until I try it myself, but as a fun (for you) way to create attrition-y board states, it's a ten outta ten.

*I originally wrote "have a great weekend" here, and after publishing it I now realize it is Monday. So, uh, hope you had a great weekend? See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment