Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Fanning the Flames


I've played this in: Wort, the RaidmotherLatulla, Keldon Overseer (and probably more)

Look, people play counter magic in EDH, there's no getting around it. You're better off playing Banefire if you want to snap off a guaranteed kill. Heck, you're better off with Devil's Play in that case. But that's not what Fanning the Flames is for. This card has helped me eek out value, or a win, in multiplayer games with a clunky, big-mana, mono-red deck multiple times -- and it's great. Granted, it's a bit of a niche deck that wants this instead of Comet Storm or either of the aforementioned fireballs, but that's all I'm looking to provide with this blog: some offbeat picks to make your hot new brew really shimmer.

I'll be putting up a new card each day, for as long as I can remember to do this! See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment