Saturday, November 14, 2015

Entomber Exarch

I've played this in: Glissa, the Traitor, Vhati il-Dal, and probably some non-green decks too

This card was actually in the very first intro deck I ever purchased (the Red/Black one from New Phyrexia) so I've played with it a lot casually. Entomber Exarch has two great options: Duress or Raise Dead. It's not the cheapest way to get either of those effects obviously, but the choice between the two is unique, and being stapled to a creature is a big plus. If you're like me and you enjoy targeted hand disruption, or you need some more creature recursion (and what black deck can get enough), I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the Entomber.

Oh yeah, unfortunately I have to admit I've cast this card recently and tried to tutor for a creature, confusing it with its big, green brother Brutalizer Exarch -- don't try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment