Sunday, November 15, 2015

Lifegift

I've played this in: Wort, the Raidmother, Sir Shandlar of Eberyn, and probably more

I don't know about anyone else, but in my playgroup, if you have the most life, you are the one being attacked. It doesn't matter if there's a combo player sitting in the corner slowly amassing card advantage, so long as their threats are not on board. It's kind of common courtesy to just attack whoever has the most life and keep everyone even. So, you might be wondering, "why is Lifegift, an incidental life gain effect that is at its best in the early game, when I have no blockers, something I should be playing?" And here's my answer: it's sweet.

No, really, if you're playing multiplayer EDH, the life you will gain off this card is no joke, especially if you're not the only green player at the table -- people will be popping out lands left and right. It's worth the occasional poke from someone's Mulldrifter to buffer your life total, especially if your deck has life gain themes, or is capable of playing out lots of lands, which most green decks are. Plus, no one wants to expend precious enchantment removal on this card. Give it a try, let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment