Friday, November 20, 2015

Planar Guide

I've played this in: Lavinia of the Tenth

I really like one-drops. Even though Planar Guide is realistically a five-drop if you plan on using it, I'd still put it among my favorite one-drops. I know it seems pretty specific to a blink deck, but it has some other interesting uses like clearing tokens or serving as an overpriced Fog. If you're in white, chances are you're playing some powerhouse ETB creatures like Sun TitanKarmic Guide, and even little old Wall of Omens, and getting to re-use those effects provides a lot of value. You can even permanently exile things with Fiend Hunter if you play it right. Planar Guide's unfortunate downfall is that it exiles itself, so it's a one-and-done effect. If it was a legend, I'd make it my general in a heartbeat.

I might not have a card for you tomorrow just because I'll be driving for 12 hours up to my native land of Washington state. If that's the case, have a wonderful weekend, and play with some cool cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment