Monday, November 30, 2015

Sweet Isochron Spells: Bound / Determined


I've played this in: Tasigur, the Golden Fang

Before I get into this card, I just want to apologize for taking the whole week off after saying I might take the weekend off. I was traveling and spending time with friends/family for Thanksgiving; kind of dropped the ball there. But, I got to play some EDH over the week and discover some new tech! Including today's card, Bound / Determined.

In fact this card is the first in this week's theme of "Sweet Isochron Scepter Spells." Lots of split cards fit in here just because they bring so many options to the table, including the ability to cast a greater-than-2-converted-mana-cost side. Bound / Determined is a card I honestly wouldn't include in many decks because both halves are so niche, but when you jam it on an Isochron Scepter, suddenly you have crazy protection from counter magic, a pseudo-All-Suns'-Dawn every turn if you can spare some creatures, and consistent card draw if all else fails. I've just included this in my new "Flashigur" brew, and I haven't gotten to cast it, or imprint it, but I'm excited at the possibility.

Honorable mention for this spot: Research / Development if your playgroup allows you to actually add cards from outside the game, like maybe 4 Biovisionaries each turn.


No comments:

Post a Comment